|Hello Indoor Drumline and Winterguard Families!
We hope you had a wonderful Winter Break! Now that school and rehearsals are back in session, it is time to look forward to the major fundraiser for Indoor Drumline & Winterguard season – our annual Rehearse-A-Thon!
This year’s Rehearse-A-Thon will be held on January 18th from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM in both of the Broad Run HS Gymnasiums.
The Rehearse-A-Thon fundraiser is for ALL participating students in the Indoor Drumline and Winterguard programs, regardless of which school is your home school. All funds raised will initially be processed through Broad Run High School Band Boosters Association (BRHSBBA), which will reimburse each school separately for what their student fundraised. For example: “Johnny from Potomac Falls raises $200, Potomac Falls’ boosters receives $200.”
This year’s GOAL is for each participating Indoor Drumline and Winterguard member to raise at least $100 each.
Meals and snacks will be provided for students during Rehearse-A-Thon. For lunch,the menu will include various pastas (including gluten-free), salads, and cookies. We’ll have protein bars, fruit, and Gatorade on hand for snacks. We’re also reaching out to one of our local meal sponsors to provide dinner. As soon as our dinner sponsorship is confirmed, we’ll pass on that menu.
Parents, please be on the lookout for our SignUpGenius requests (coming soon!) for volunteer needs and lunch/snack sign-ups.
Here’s how our Rehearse-A-Thon fundraiser works:
- Students should download and print a copy of the Rehearse-A-Thon Pledge Sheet from the BRHSBBA website.
- Begin asking friends, family, neighbors, teachers – anyone that you think would be willing to support you – to pledge a donation for the fundraiser. There is a total of 10 hours of rehearsal time, so – for example – if someone wants to give you $1 for every hour, their pledge will be $10. Any amount will be accepted, pledges do not have to be per hour!
- Record the pledged donation on your Pledge Sheet.
- Do your best to collect the pledged donation before the day of the Rehearse-A-Thon to help make collection easier. Checks should be made out to BRHSBBA.
- Bring your Pledge Sheet and collected donations with you to Rehearse-A-Thon, where our BRHSBBA Treasurer will collect and tally the donations.
Parents, you are absolutely welcome to drop in during the Rehearse-A-Thon to observe rehearsal – just be sure to not interrupt our participants’ hard work.
Please let us know if you have any questions about Rehearse-A-Thon – a member of our BRHSBBA or a staff member will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible!